A collection of some of the phrases, videos, words and pictures that get me out of bed in the morning. You might find something here that lights your fire, and if you think I’m missing something then please comment below and I’ll go check it out. Inspiration is best when shared!
(Oh, and I firmly believe that a cliche becomes a cliche because it is worth repeating often. Therefore I make no apologies for anything cliched that follows…)
- This day will end (to be remembered in good times as well as bad. Make the most of the good, don’t get bogged down on the bad)
- Only death can defeat me, whilst I can breath I can achieve
- The day will happen whether you get up or not.
- Some races you just have to accept you are there to complete not compete.
(feel free to suggest others I may like, just comment below)
So much running greatness it just makes me want to pull on my trainers, even at 6am!
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning to dance in the rain.
- You see a mousetrap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge. (Scroobius Pip – Introdiction)
Kid President tells you to be awesome. Listen to him, he’s right.
- A setback is a set-up for a come back
- The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles. (Anne Frank – Diarist)
My friends Simon & Charlie in an advert for Asics. Simon is sight impaired, but doesn’t let that stop him being a runner.
- So why are you sat at home?
You’re not designed to be alone
You just got used to saying “no”
So get up and get down and get outside (Frank Turner – Reasons Not To Be An Idiot)
- “You never truly know someone until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes. You never truly know YOURSELF until you’ve run a mile (or more) in your own shoes.” Liz Goodchild – blogger and running coach
- If you want it work towards it, fate can’t steer a parked car
- If you want to win something, run the 100 metres. If you want to experience something, run a marathon. (Emil Zatopek – Distance runner)
- Massive change requires massive action.
Nothing to do with running, but this is the festival documentary from 2000 Trees, my favourite weekend of any year. I’m in this, and every time I watch it I’m transported to a field of dreams and fencing that needs erecting!